Wednesday, 12 November 2008

Fantasy


I read quite a lot of books of different genres but I've always sustained that I don't like to read fantasy or science fiction because I've been convinced that they're just not very well written. Some years ago my husband wanted to proove me wrong and got me the book "A Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula K. Le Guin for Christmas. I read it in English and at first I found the language pretty complicated, like some kind of ancient English or a bit like how Yoda from Star Wars talks, but when I got into it I really enjoyed it! It's rather poetic and full of small wisdoms like this "Go to bed for tired is stupid" that I embroidered. I framed it (yes, I know it's a little bit crooked) and put it above the sofa to remind myself not to stay up too late or my brain won't work properly the day after! (Ps. I haven't read the other books in the series...yet anyway...;))

PS2. I don't know if you have noticed but I put a music player to the left with songs that I love right now (some old, some new, some Swedish, some Italian, some American...) and that I think go well with my blog. So... if you're interested, have a listen! :)

1 comment:

Wilda Stenlyckan said...

Hejsan!
Vilken söt och skojig tavla du har broderat! Jag skulle också behöva något som påminde mig om att gå och lägga mig ;-)
Roligt att du är med och tävlar hos mig! Lycka till!

Kram Sara

Blog Widget by LinkWithin