Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Don't make an issue of my womanhood

Last week I made this embroidered picture for my sister-in-law's birthday but I couldn't blog about it until it arrived. On the way over to Sweden the glass broke and the bird fell off but we'll fix that! The quote is, I think, from an old Greta Garbo movie (Ninotchka - 1939) and is one of her favourites.

I bought the frame in the local Chinese supermarket (yes, it's plastic) and painted it cream white, the bird is from the same store, I found the paper in the paper store around the corner and the embroidery is made on dark brown wool with a Danish cotton thread.

5 comments:

Brunkullan med Mosipperötter said...

Kul att du ville tävla hos mig!
Tjusig tavla du gjort!
Susanne

giovanna said...

Ciao!! Tu sei svedese ed io svizzera, qualcosa ci accomuna. Ho visto il tuo blog, è veramente bello e ben fatto. I miei complimenti. E grazie per essere passata a fare visita al mio, ho avuto cosi' la possibilità di conoscerti. Complimenti anche per l'italiano....

un bacione

gio'

Kardemomme said...

Heisann Rebecka :)
jeg titter inn til deg etter at du la igjen kommentar hos meg for en liten stund siden..
så mye fint du også har i bloggen din!!! Alltid morsomt med nye blogger å titte inn til..jeg linker deg også, så finner vi hverandre igjen :)Ha en fortsatt fin fredag :)Hilsen Kardemomme

Lisa said...

Vilken jättecool tavla!

floresita said...

Wonderful embroidery! I love that quote, too! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin