Monday, 24 November 2008

Christmas is arriving

This weekend they put up the Christmas lightning on the square below our appartment. It doesn't look like much now but I can't wait 'til they switch them on! Last Christmas was the first for me here and I felt like I was living above the sky with the star shaped Christmas lights but this year they chose another design. Of course I'll show you what they look like when they are lit! It's pretty cold here now, around 5 degrees celsius or so and it's been raining all morning so sorry about the greyish colours...

2007

2008

Friday afternoon I put up this shelf! For you Swedes maybe it doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment but you Italians know what I'm talking about... To drill a hole in a stone/brick wall isn't exactly a walk in the park. Even if you measure really well where to drill the holes, like I did with my laser thingy (that I discovered scares the living daylight out of my budgies by the way), it's really hard to get them in the right place. At least with my hardly visible arm muscles. After drilling one hole for about 5 min I leaned on it to force it in but the baby girl in my belly wasn't very happy about that and started to kicking me like crazy... Anyway, it took me about 30 min but now it's there! :)

An Italian friend of mine made the cutest comment about my "tomte"... "Oh, thats so cute! Maybe for Christmas you can make one in red?" ;)
PS. The table cloth is hand woven by me in the 9th grade. We had a very nice crafts teacher who let us use her classroom during lunch breaks!

5 comments:

Tant Ulrika said...

Tassar förbi för att tala om att Tant startat en julkalender ;D

http://uj76.blogspot.com/2008/11/tvling-i-samarbete-med-rockefella.html

Kram

Fyra årstider ♥ My Lovely Christmas Home said...

Visst är det en härlig tid vi har framför oss.
Kram Lotta

Mamma Melissa said...

Åh, underbart! Vill också bo så (trivs rätt bra här, men ändå...) se ned på världen från ovan... känns lite närmre mina döttrar i Himlen då... men men, du får kika efter de från din underbara höjd!

Cecilia said...

vad vackert! Så fint att precis utanför sitt fönster!

Patricia said...

What a great view you have from your apartment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin